About SAFe® Product Owner/Product ManagerDevelop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise by becoming a SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course, attendees gain an in-depth understanding of how to effectively perform their role in the Agile Release Train (ART) as it delivers value through Program Increments. Attendees explore how to apply Lean thinking to decompose Epics into Features and Stories, refine Features and Stories, manage Program and Team backlogs, and to plan and execute Iterations and Program Increments. Attendees also discover how the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture contribute to the relentless improvement of the ART.
JOB ROLE DESCRIPTION/TARGET AUDIENCEProduct Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and Business Analysts, Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads, Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
WHAT ATTENDEES GET
- Printed workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
PREREQUISITESAll are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
EXAM DETAILSCompletion of this course gives you access to the exam and all related study materials as part of your Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform.
Duration: 2 Days
Location: To be scheduled
Level: FoundationalLearning Goals To perform the role of a SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager role
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Decompose Epics into Features and decompose Features into Stories
- Refine Features into Stories
- Manage Program and Team backlogs
- Collaborate with Agile teams in estimating and forecasting work
- Represent Customer needs in Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
Learners taking this course are:Program or Project Manager, Scrum Master, Release Train Engineer, Business Analyst, Agile Coach, SAFe Program Consultant, Development Manager, CTO, Consultant, Architect, Engineer, Director, Product Manager, Product Owner, Delivery Manager, Solution Train Engineer, Software Developer Enroll Now
We also offer customized solutions, on site training and consulting interventions. For more information please contact us.
Certification & Trainings
A wealth of knowledge awaits you. Learn more about agile and Scrum.